This is an NFA Restricted Item that requires extra paperwork, wait times and a $200 Tax Stamp fee paid to the ATF. Please research the process and procedures for procuring an NFA Firearm before completing your purchase.
This semi-auto short-barrel shotgun with folding stock is imported from the Molot factory in Russia. Vepr 12 shotguns are semi-automatic designed for self-defense, hunting, and 3-gun competitions. Based on the RPK standard, the Vepr 12 shares the same legendary characteristics of extreme reliability in harsh conditions as the RPK.
The fire control group allows for semi-automatic shooting and the safety is the standard AK safety selector, which has levers on the right side of the receiver to operate the safety. Additional features include:
- The ability to insert magazines straight into the magazine well (AR style) without the need to cant the magazine (AK style)
- RPK-style windage adjustable rear sights
- Windage and elevation adjustable front sights integrated to the gas block
- Picatinny rail incorporated into the hinged dust cover (allows optics mounting)
- Chrome-lined chamber, barrel, gas block, and bolt carrier operation rod for increased corrosion and wear resistance
Featuring a factory short barrel, Left-side folding tubular buttstock with cheek rest and sling loop, competition magazine well, factory 5-round magazine, RPK style windage adjustable rear sight, hinged dust cover with a Picatinny rail, original AK enhanced safety lever (single finger operation), factory chrome lined barrel, chamber, receiver shaft, and gas chamber, factory last round bolt hold open, factory threaded barrel, factory machined bolt assembly, and gas blocks. US factory made parts: polymer lower handguard and upper handguard, pistol grip, trigger, hammer, disconnector, and gas puck.
The VEPR 12-04 ships with one 5- and one 8-round magazine. It also has a picatinny rail machined into the bottom of the gas block to mount a light or laser. This feature is not included in the VPR-12-05 model along with the 8-round magazine. The VPR-12-04 is 922r compliant even with high-capacity Molot factory magazines.