Arsenal, Inc., the premier American importer and manufacturer of semi-auto rifles is proud to offer the Bulgarian-made milled and forged receiver semi-auto rifle, the SAM7R-66. This rifle is calibered in 7.62x39mm and combines authentic, high-quality features rarely seen in the US market. This rifle is detailed from its intermediate-length buttstock with included trapdoor for cleaning kit compartment and storage; included sling swivel, side scope rail, US made pistol grip, US made Picatinny Quad-rail system to its removable four-port muzzle brake. Every component of this beautifully made SAM7R-66 semi-auto rifle is engineered to provide decades of dependable and accurate service. This SAM7R-66 is bound to become a sought-after semi-auto rifle for both shooters and collectors.
Milled and Forged Receiver, Exclusive for Arsenal’s New SAM7R-66 — 7.62x39mm Caliber Semi-Auto Rifle
Each process for the receiver is from a hot-die hammer forged receiver blank by Arsenal Co. of Bulgaria. The knowned process for milled-receiver AKs are machined from bar stock, but NOT these rifles. Each SAM7R-66 semi-auto rifle is produced stronger with finer-grained steel and internal voids and cooling deformations are eliminated by the 5-ton hammer forging process from Arsenal’s hot-die hammer forging system. To describe the process for each forged receiver blank, it requires over 5.5 hours of milling before assembly alone that makes it a complex and time-intensive production piece, but Arsenal’s meticulous attention to detail delivers unequalled strength, precision and durability for each milled receiver SAM7R-66 Rifle.
After successfully fulfilling military requirements, for the first time, the SAM7R-66 semi-auto rifle is being made available to the public with Arsenal’s latest design Picatinny Quad Rail Handguard System. The PR-01 Picatinny Quad Rail Handguard System follows Arsenal’s legacy of quality and craftsmanship and provides superior platform for wide range of attachments, including optics, flash lights, lasers, forward grips, and other accessories of your choice.
The PR-01 Picatinny Quad Rail Handguard System was designed and manufactured to meet and exceed the following stringent military requirements:
- Ability to accept cleaning rod with the rail system installed – achieved with stainless steel internal guide rail
- To easily align the rail system with both milled and stamped receivers – achieved with a pair of precision machined tabs
- Ability to constrain debris from entering into the receiver from under-rail openings – achieved with sealing caps of the rail system
- Minimize weight, while providing maximum strength – achieved with the triangular support design and utilizing aircraft grade durable aluminum material
- Providing the maximum number of rails – achieved with optimum design with 14 rails on the bottom and the sides, and 9 rails on the top
- Identification marks for repeat attachment of devices – achieved with clearly marked numbering system on all 4 sides
- Provide comfortable grip to the shooter – achieved with compact system profile and smooth finish
Rifle Summary: SAM7R-66 | 7.62x39mm caliber semi-auto rifle, featuring Arsenal's Mil. Spec.Picatinny Quad-Rail System for attaching Lasers, Flashlights, and Optics. Made from a milled and forged receiver, chrome lined hammer forged barrel, 14mm muzzle threads, muzzle brake, cleaning rod, bayonet lug, black polymer furniture, intermediate length buttstock, scope rail, one 10-round magazine, sling, oil bottle, and cleaning kit.
- Picatinny Quad-Rail System for attaching Lasers, Flashlights, and Optics
- 100% new-production parts and components.
- Bulgarian hot-die hammer forged receiver, bolt, and bolt carrier
- Cold hammer-forged 16.3” barrel from Arsenal’s Bulgarian factory, built on Steyr manufacturing technology
- Hard-chrome plated bore and chamber
- Removable 4-port muzzle brake with 14x1mm left-hand threads.
- AK scope rail.
- Intermediate length US-made 10” trapdoor buttstock. (Total length of pull 13.4”.)
- 922(r) compliant with US or imported magazines.
- Substantially extended service life over other types of assemblies.
- Caliber: 7.62 x 39 mm
- Total Length: 927mm (36.5”)
- Barrel Length: 415 mm
- Weight without Magazine: 3.67kg (8 lbs.)
- Muzzle Velocity: 710 m/s
- Rate of Fire (practical): 40 rds/min
- Twist Rate: 1 in 240 mm
- Effective Range: 400 m
- Max Effective Range: 1350 m